My verse of the day is:
Many are the plans of a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.
Over the past year, we’ve been dealing with the disintegration of what my heart would call “our happy family.” Many of us were strewn apart over lies that can’t be taken back. A career ruined while the agent overseeing things got a major raise and promotion. Just as I was at my lowest, losing my youngest when the court ordered her to live with her father, God had a surprise waiting just around the corner that completely caught me off guard. And then another. And another. And another.
Although life currently is NOTHING the way I’d planned it in my heart, it is exactly the way God wanted so I could learn the lessons that I needed. I’ve learned that:
- I am not responsible for the action of my adult children.
- When I refuse to let stress run me over and cause me to behave better, I am filled with peace and joy.
- When I seek joy and peace and dismiss thoughts of worry in Jesus’ name, the devil loses his power over me and his manipulations get nowhere.
- Forgiveness is the key to restoring my anger and hatred and replace them with love, kindness, and understanding.
- Family grows closer when we struggle together.
Father, thank you for all the blessings you give me each and every day.
Thank you for teaching me that the many plans of my heart aren’t what matter; it is Your purpose that prevails. Thank you, Father for keeping me focused on you and for using this time of struggle to teach me to trust you.
I love you Lord. In the blessed name of your Son, Jesus, AMEN.Learn More